Is there an age limit for volunteering?
- Yes, we do require volunteers working physically at our homes be 12 years or older. However, there are many ways younger children can help! For example, assisting with the preparation and delivery of a meal or baked goods, holding a donation drive or a fundraiser!
How can groups volunteer?
- There are several ways groups can volunteer. Most commonly our group volunteers assist with the home, meals and baking teams. However, groups are also part of the “Home Team” who help to keep our interior and exterior clean and organized. We do have limits on the number of people working in the houses at one time. However, this can all be worked out through our team leaders.
Can I volunteer during the weekend?
- No, our home is closed over the weekend. We set the weekend aside for residents to relax and enjoy some privacy and quiet time.
Do I need an appointment to volunteer?
- Yes, we do require our volunteers to schedule their sessions prior to showing up. This can be accomplished through our team leaders or the volunteer coordinator.
Can I receive documentation of my volunteer hours?
- We understand how valuable the time our Volunteers so graciously give to us is! We are happy to validate forms stating the number of hours volunteered with us! Please click here for our Volunteer Hours Verification Letter. In addition, we highly recommend our volunteers utilize the Volunteer Management Information System (VMIS) the Army’s online volunteer management tool located at www.MyArmyOneSource.com. VMIS provides a standardized system across the Army for volunteers to document their service history. The system will allow you to document your entire volunteer history as you move from installation to installation. To REGISTER and LOG YOUR HOURS, go to www.MyArmyOneSource.com.
How can I keep up with current volunteer needs?
- The best way to learn about current volunteer needs outside of our teams is to like our Facebook page, Fort Bragg Fisher House. We will advertise for volunteers to assist us with any special events.
Do I need any special training/certification(s) to volunteer?
- No, we do not require any special training or certifications to volunteer. However, we do require our volunteers complete the DD Form 2793 and return a completed copy to us prior to approving you as a volunteer. We do have an online Volunteer Orientation right here on our website! Please click here to view the orientation. Orientation is not mandatory but is very informative to our Volunteers!